3.5.10

Something pretty

I can happily say that one of my favourite ways to pass time on a sunny Saturday morning is with a trip to a charity sale. It is a nice feeling knowing that you are giving to a good cause, as well as getting something in return. Here are a selection of my finds, both recent and a little older. From the top, clockwise: panama hat with peacock feather (I know it is bad luck to bring peacock feathers into the house, but I do like this one), hat stand (so, so useful), purple ribbon (great for using as a belt), pattern scarf, clover print dress (from a Portobello charity shop), floral print on cream dress, roses on blue dress, white flat sandals (at the time there were two pairs, I wish I had bought the others as well), mirror with ribbon tie, teacup and saucer (now used as a candle) and one of my latest finds these leather cut-out slingback sandals. It is always nice to find floral prints that are a bit different, and a lot of the time I will alter dresses and skirts to make them a bit more up-to-date. Being a shoe size 6 is handy, as there are usually lots of pairs in my size. What is one person's trash is another's treasure, and as it's for charity you can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment